Friday, April 3, 2015

NYX Intense Butter Gloss

Like the NYX prismatic eyeshadows in my previous post,  these intense glosses were also hard to get a hold of.  After several store searches I ended up also ordering these on the ULTA website.  There are 12 glosses in the intense butter gloss range and they sell for $6 each online at Ulta.com or NYX.com, and in Ulta stores.  At the time of my purchase Ulta had them on sale for buy 1 get 1 50% off so I purchased 4 colors.

The colors that I currently own are Spice Cake, Tres Leches,  Chocolate Crepe and Toasted Marshmallow.  First off I have to say that all of these colors are HIGHLY pigmented with amazing color payoff.  The applicator is very soft and each dip into the tube with the applicator produces enough color for your lips.  The texture is smooth and gloss applies very smoothly and the colors are beautiful and sexy.

Downside to these glosses - there is no staying power.  After eating a meal the color was gone.  There was some staining of the lips with the darker colors, but it was very patchy.  The color also bleeds outside of your lips even when a colored lip liner or anti feathering liner was used.  When worn if not eating or drinking, the glosses would last at least two hours before they started to fade.  When eating or drinking they did not hold up to the perssures.

Overall, I was not very impressed with the lasting, staying power or the fact that there was bleeding of there colors.  I was however impressed with the pigmentation and the texture.  Would I buy anymore of these?  No I will not.  In my opinion they are not worth the $6 just for color pigmentation or texture.

Gloss pictured in Spice Cake.

No comments:

Post a Comment

BH Cosmetics Zodiac Eyeshadow Palette

BH Cosmetics was founded in 2009 and has it's headquarters in Los Angeles California. Their products are developed to professional stand...